PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWQUAY
Thread: NEWQUAY
View Single Post
Old 8th Sep 2016, 00:12
cornishsimon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NQY is having a great year for passenger numbers.

Germany is a huge market for Cornwall and has been for years, if anything I can see more German routes to compliment the existing germanwings and Ryanair routes.

Aer Lingus have shown support for the NQY-DUB route by extending the seasonal service to year round with reduced frequency during the winter months, sadly the EI website doesn't allow onward bookings, however a decent TA can and will make onward single ticket bookings, including via DUB to UK domestic destinations, these destination are also available via the BA codeshare but oddly not via EI.

UK domestic on flybe is going from strength to strength, this is down to multiple codeshares opening up onward conenctions on BA, VS, EK etc etc etc along with the E95 being put onto both routes.

The big question in my mind is when are flybe going to make NQY either a base or to nightstop 2 aircraft and operate MAN double daily, morning and evening.

The issue to a base would be winter time routes, but however they do it MAN in my opinion could easily see 10,000 monthly with sufficient rotations, currently speaking the aircraft goes out full most days.

As for the future well its anyones guess, but theres demand for air travel and onward connections into and out of NQY

interesting times ahead and a very interesting few months until the full summer 17 schedules are known.

LBA is a good addition, but I could see EMA added as well as the likes of EDI, GLA, etc all adding rotations, plus I don't think were too far off seeing another legacy hub connection to CDG, AMS or FRA

cs