PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates B777 gear collapse @ DXB?
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 21:28
Enos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In a 3 second period, apparently, this crew raised the flaps, took and acknowledged a clearance and raised the gear.... but for 12 seconds, T/L's stayed in idle.
[/QUOTE]

This accident seems to be a CRM breakdown, cultures don't get more different between Oz and ME? different experience? maybe the gradient went the wrong way in the flight deck?

Listening to the tower recording I don't recall hearing the FO tell ATC we are going around rather than being given an instruction to climb 4000, could have been distracting if this was the case.

ATC in UAE is very good but some controllers can have an attitude and a sharp tongue, priority to answer ATC over monitoring?

Nothing wrong with EK SOPs or Boeings re the go around procedure, but I can imagine what was going through the skippers mind when the RAS call outs started, at trip to the office, removed from roster, friends asking what you did, in a career we will all end up in the office, the guys working in the office see it everyday, they will tell you this.

Trying to land a 777 on a hot runway at max landing weight with a tailwind in often turbulent air (the touch down zone comes and goes pretty quickly)its what we are paid to do, is it pleasant? Not always, sitting next a brand new guy who has demonstrated little situational awareness through out the flight who we've never seen land before, this can be stressful.

I feel very sorry for the crew I just hope we can take something positive away from this as more comes out in the future.

Happy flying guys, Enos

Last edited by Enos; 7th Sep 2016 at 21:40.