PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 19:41
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
The Light Aircraft Association AGM/ Bill Woodham award

This whole saga is now getting so complicated that I will now bring you the latest news in a series of updates.

From the LAA forum Sussex member Chris Martyr has posted this...

Most of my posts on here are pretty light-hearted and tongue in cheek. But this one's serious .

I do not for a second , believe that the LAA awards guys are anything other than well meaning, good hearted souls. I know for a fact that Brian works tirelessly for our Association and I'm sure that sometimes he probably wonders why the bloody hell he bothers . But please believe me , the efforts of all you good blokes IS appreciated .
I do also wonder, and this is nothing more than a hunch and I have nothing whatsoever to substantiate it. But ,is it possible that our awards guys may have been "encouraged" from further up the food-chain in nominating the person in question ? Because if that was the case , then it is perfectly understandable that some people now find themselves between a hard place and an even harder place now that it's all coming apart.

For me , the TC-T issue had been nothing more than a little light-hearted joshing about some dopey bird fantasist until quite recently, but it wasn't until ChampChump pointed out that I had unwittingly achieved 'notoriety' on PPrune [a forum I never ever go to] that I realised what a serious ticking time-bomb this now is .
It appears that Pilot magazine have led in their October editorial with a rather critical bit about the woman and also ex CAA guy Barry Tempest has voiced criticism publicly about her as well.
A certain other flying magazine's forum just keeps locking off anything about TC-T which has put one hell of a lot of focus on PPrune and our little old forum , with members , myself included being quoted chapter and verse on Prune.
I find it very difficult to stand by and watch our Association being hauled through this rather embarrassing mire of lies and deceit and feel that it is now time to try and extinguish these flames that are now coming at us from several angles.
I certainly never envisaged having to do this , but I am now going to take it through the motions to have it brought up at the AGM , as Brian suggested earlier. I am sure that a fair few others will support this and I am sorry that it has to be done . But if it appears to others on the outside that the matter may now be addressed correctly , then it may just go some way to cooling this whole sorry situation off .
I admire your integrity Chris especially given the fact that the LAA patron is Prince Michael of Kent who is a big fan and supporter of TCT. It must be very difficult for the chief exec of the LAA to support any motion to question her 'solo' awards?

However a picture speaks a thousand words as they say and I understand a few tabloid journalists are sitting on these plus more informal pictures.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 7th Sep 2016 at 20:03.