PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 13:19
Chugalug2

Received 236 Likes on 72 Posts
Danny, that the many expressions of sympathy here have at least been of some comfort to you is in turn an enormously positive comment on this amazing media by which we are united in our virtual crewroom. There are so many negative stories about the evils of the internet and yet it can just as easily become a fantastic power for the good. Here we have now encompassed that power and aimed it squarely at our beloved Senior Pilot. Not an obit but a Master Green endorsement, Sir!

B48N, I am sorry to hear of past colleagues that have also lost their soul mates. It is a hard blow indeed and please pass on my sincere condolences to them if you would be so kind. The comradeship of service was always a two edged sword because it meant that you also felt the pain when such comradeship was cruelly severed. This happened within mere months of my entry's graduation in 1962, and continued on and off thereafter. I fear it is more on these days than off, but I wouldn't have wished to be denied that Bond of Friendship that service bequeathed us all. We are all united and blessed by it!

Chug