PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 11:52
MANFOD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Manchester Massif have all been banned so no chance of seeing bagso here again. Rejoice.
Influence of "former" contributors should not be understated however.
Personally, I appreciate some of the wider discussion on topics that nevertheless still affect MAN and the informed opinions of those and other contributors. Frankly, I'd rather read such comments than the sort of facetious or patronising remarks that find their way on here from time to time.

Anyway, T1:
[QUOTE][It took me an hour to clear T1 security - the worst delay I've had in all of my 35 years of flying./QUOTE]

Did you happen to notice whether all the security lanes were open?
The reason I ask is that I know of someone else who took an hour to get through fairly recently but all the lanes weren't open.

By contrast, earlier in the summer, we were confronted with a very long queue for T1 security but, to my surprise, were through in 35 minutes. Still too long perhaps for some, but all the channels were active. That was at 8 o'clock in the morning. I know the airport took on additional security staff this summer but I just wonder if the rosters are only geared to be fully manned at what are considered 'peak times'.