PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 11:17
BDLBOS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chaps, I haven't seen any drawings or stage plans, so I am not sure what the stages are, you may be right. I did have some questions from the TAS meeting which was so well explained recently on the site.

I still don't understand why they would build a new pier back to back with pier c, then lose one side of each? Why not put pier 3 at the Northern end, where they are thinking of building one and still use C, less the end of course.

Terminal 3 issues with rerouting services etc to allow more parking? This is the 21st century, and I am sure these issues are not a ball breaker? The reason I say this, is my concern on future based parking spots as we go through this upgrade as the area around T2 will loose parking spots for pier builds and services etc. Also, I was thinking that actually building a new T3 over the railway line (instant station and access to the trams), then flatten everything across to the existing T3 may be the next upgrade after 2025.

They expect to have potentially 10 extra parking spots over and above what they have today. Is that number based on traffic mix/based today or in 10 years? It still does not seem enough to me. How many will be lost during the rebuild stages?

As I said, I was not privy to the TAS meeting, or seen any of the drawings/plans.