PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER 1
Thread: MANCHESTER 1
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 08:02
All names taken

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks LAX for a concise answer on MAN-BCN
Canberra97 - do you have nothing better to do with your life?

It took me an hour to clear T1 security - the worst delay I've had in all of my 35 years of flying. Only US airports come close to that, in my experience. The queue to get through security at Dubai was around 10 minutes.

Am I right in thinking that the T1 security area is where the domestic baggage claim used to be, before the domestic terminal opened in 1989?
I think you may have been unlucky. I speak as I find (good or bad) but I have been through T1 several times over the summer and the worst delay I have experienced is around 20 minutes - which in my opinion is at the limit of my personal tolerance. I have experienced the overflow security area on the ground floor which is what I think you are referring to. I found that facility fast and efficient and I have to say 'hat's off' to the management for coming up with that solution. I guess it is mainly an early morning solution and is manned as such, meaning it is non-op at other times of the day (?????).
I have traveled through T3 three times in the last three weeks and the security queues have been ok - although the less said about the rest of the T3 'experience' the better.
I haven't been through T2 this summer so can't comment.