PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA DC-3
Thread: TAA DC-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Sep 2016, 04:35
BendyFlyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amos, thank you very much it solved a mystery. The gentleman concerned is very grateful and so am I.

If your wondering, since retiring from life in aviation I indulge my fascination with flight and historical aircraft through computerised flight simulation. Even though the medium is limited by a PC screen, the back office algorithims and state of modern programming, especially graphics has meant that it is no longer a poor replication but with internet connections you can have real time weather downloaded, third party ATC control and do training on the same aircraft even though one person is in one country and one in another. Ysome of the cad-cam programming/graphics etc means you can have a fully synthetic functioning virtual cockpit etc that mimics the real thing to an amazing degree. I am a DC-3 tragic so to get an accurate paint job on the latest DC-3/C-47 just makes it all the better.

Unlike the real life simulators (torture chambers) at least I can turn it off when I get bored and go outside.

Cheers and thanks