PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LONDON CITY - 2
Thread: LONDON CITY - 2
View Single Post
Old 6th Sep 2016, 21:16
WHBM

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts
Serious point, but I think The Met (the London police for those overseas) is going to come pretty badly out of this. Maybe not before time some of their procedures at LCY will come under review. The feeble reaction today, where most would have expected action within minutes, is an example where the senior officers have lost touch with reality. I feel I can say this because at our own house, well within earshot of LCY as regulars on this forum may know, a "classic" burglar at 2 am trying to come in through our upstairs bedroom windows was, following a 999 call, dealt with and apprehended in minutes by a couple of regular firm action Met coppers in absolutely exemplary manner. Thank goodness. Well Done Lads.

Meanwhile over at LCY someone felt that having the Armed Officers waltzing about the terminal with their fingers pawing on the triggers of their Koch machine guns was adequate defence. I presume they were sent out to the runway within moments of this incursion being announced. Did they even show their machine guns then ? Probably not.

A few years ago, writing about the "community day" and airshow organised at LCY one weekend, I finished up, on this very thread, with a comment on how the police handled themselves on this "meet the local public" day. You can read the penultimate paragraph here :

http://www.pprune.org/airlines-airpo...ml#post4225508

Last edited by WHBM; 6th Sep 2016 at 21:54.