PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 6th Sep 2016, 15:17
Pulkdahulk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AfricanSkies
Hi everyone. I have a question for QR pilots - I've just been to the selection, and was impressed by QR. Would you please give me a bit of info about cost of living in Doha? I've googled, and its a bit generic. I'd like to know what a single guy could expect to pay monthly for a 2-bed apartment, price of a 4 yr old Landcruiser, and monthly outgoings...not planning to go clubbing but the odd pub lunch etc , socialize at home and go to the desert a bit. Maybe diving trips.

How much covers rent, car insurance/fuel, food, utilities, internet/phone, gym, and the odd pint? I've been told $3k a month should be ok, is this accurate?

Where would be a good place to live? I visited the Pearl when I was there, went to Westbay Beach but it was dark so didn't see much. Also, what are your thoughts about buying a property in Doha?

Thanks in advance!
Buddy, all new joiners have to stay in company accomodation which has now become mandatory. So house rental, electricity, water, utilities, Internet, gym all taken care over at the residence you are staying. More details I am sure can be passed on by guys who are there.