PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - building a LAN-party gentex kit: question to oxygen mask airflow and visor colours
Old 4th Aug 2003, 00:37
Runaway Gun

Location: these mist covered mountains are a home now for me.
Received 29 Likes on 12 Posts
I'm sorry, but it has to be said.

I also highly recommend adding a second fan in parallel to the first (as a pre-accelerator) which could be useful for supplying sufficient airflow to your G-suit. Although this may overload your computer, it could be a bonus, giving a realistic "smoke and fumes in the cockpit" emergency scenario. Best then to relocate the computer next to your window. Keep your window open, regardless of the loss of pressurisation that this will result in. But be aware that flying during big thunderstorms, your monitor may get wet, and you also risk the chance of lightning strike. Turn the Brightness control way, way up, and make sure your CPU is earthed. I don't know if leather flying gloves will stop your fingers being fused to your joystick (cow's get fried when hit by lighning don't they?) so consider the use of some rubber gloves. Also be aware of the risk of birdstrike, so keep both of your helmet visors down. Last but not least - don't drink and fly.