PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tiger bonding
Thread: Tiger bonding
View Single Post
Old 5th Sep 2016, 02:28
bigbrother

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2 cents worth
Captain spaghetti hasn't taken his ship into 'black' financial waters since day 1, and a decision to "off" the one part of the fleet actually turnng a profit without him having much of a chance to f#%k with it, is beyond stupid. ANZ were right to demand walk the plank, and take his board of ship mates with him. When every operator in Australia is turning to new newer efficient acft with one eye on the future, (and a rise in oil cost) rather than a last gasp short term profit (could it be parachute time approaching lads) one must ask, he is either a genius yet undiscovered, or a charleton in emperors clothes. I think the latter. The situation is teetering on collapse, albeit for another Capital raising.

Prepare a Plan B, plan C and D

Sadly, a turn to send old worn out 737's to Tiger will only damage the improved reputation so hard worked for with a lot, and I mean a lot of good will from the pilot group. With cabin crew leaving nearly as fast as Aerocare ground staff, and pilots now sourcing an escape plan, and an ambivalent attitude from Tiger Management to the loss of this experience, the future looks grim matey.

Not so much as a gee guys we understand his is VERY disruptive to you, but it was forced on us from Virgin, we're sorry. The spin from management shows how thin the air must be up there. What a great opportunity this is for everyone. Say what!

loss of flight pay
Cattle class tickets to L.A, followed by another leg to Miami to do your 73 rating
Nothing negotiated and in contravention of the EBA (in my vew)
Bonding for the cough "privilege"
Potential for further loss of flight pay if there are unforeseen delays (surely this has been planned in meticulous detail)

I'm feeling the love already.

Sadly pilots are like Dairy Farmers, and until they all go on strike to recover some dignity, let alone some conditions of service, nothing will change.