PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Guimbal Cabri G2
View Single Post
Old 4th Sep 2016, 17:42
DirtDiver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing you might also consider is: what do you intend to fly after you get your PPL? If you are going for a CFI you are likely to be instructing in Robinson products. If you are lucky enough to be buying something for personal use, what will that be?
At this moment I think I will stop at PPL, unless I see a big change in the pilots market (Being a pilot is still the dream but being realistic it is not the best time for low timers).

I am living in Europe so there are G2's flying around so renting those should not be a problem, however there are way more R22's

Hey DirtDiver....Your most important consideration, in my humble opinion is: Safety, safety first.....so then that must exclude all Robinson products Crapinson Flimsicopter - greatest Widow maker ever built

Happy landings
Thanks and yes i am really impressed with the safety features of the G2!

I have worked as and engineering officer at CHC NL (Den Helder base) which gave me the opportunity to get knowledge and experience on the bigger equipment. Comparing the small G2 to the bigger EC155 I see a lot of similarities (pretty logical as Mr. Guimbal is ex Eurocopter engineer).

At this moment I am reading through the Flight Manual + Maintenance Manual (downloaded) to get a better technical view of the G2.

a more technical knowledge from the G2.