PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Doctor Account of on board medical emergency
Old 4th Sep 2016, 09:39
Piltdown Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Why am I not surprised? There are too many cabin crew (fortunately still a minority) who are not able to deal with the unexpected. They are more worried about rules, procedures and protocols than the lives of their passengers. When things go wrong, they should be prepared to listen and think instead of putting up the barricades. It is cases like this that the compo lawyers have a place - make the short sighted idiots pay.

As an aside, how many instances have there been of bogus medics offering their services in an emergency vs genuine ones? Is this a genuine problem? I have a feeling that these passenger endangering rules were dreamed up by real perverts with very active imaginations.

Also, I hear that some medical people belive that it is illegal to stop CPR when they have started and that if they get involved and their "patient" suffers from a poor outcome, they are liable. Is this truly the case? As many believe this, some off duty nurses and paramedics would prefer to see someone die than get involved.

PM