PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learjet forced to land by military interceptors
Old 15th Sep 2001, 17:32
Wino
Union Goon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jackonito,

I have PERSONALLY carried all of the weapons used in the 4 hijacks on both BA and Virgin repeatedly during my travels to have from the UK.

If the people in question had been living in the UK for years you wouldn't have stopped them as well. In case you didn't know, you know have large arab and indian (they look similar) indigineous populations in your country as well. You couldn't have picked this one up either.

You still haven't banned shaving kits.

You almost lost a 747 to one nutter.

a group of 4 unarmed men with a minor amount of hand to hand fight skills could have carried this out. It would have been even easier on the UK airlines as the door is even flimsier. (Trust me, I know, i worked for 3 UK airlines and the door standard is lower)

I have seen your security, and it may make you feel better, but it really won't help in a this situation.

The ONLY thing that could have prevented this is armed guards on the aircraft, and a better solution will be to make sure that there is absolutely no access whatsoever to the cockpit from the cabin. The only way into the cockpit in the future will have to be from its own airstairs.

Hopefully Airlines will have 5 years to get in compliance by modifying their fleet and aircraft not in compliance will not be permitted to operate into the US.

While this cannot be allowed to pass, to not for a second things are going to get better in the short term. Now that it has been demonstrated, watch for copycats.

Wino