PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Future Accommodation Model
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 18:50
SirToppamHat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The way to bring equality to the marrieds/civ partnerships and singlies is not to destroy the existing offer for the marrieds, it is to bring a greater degree of equality/support for the singlies.

Make the SLA fit for purpose - en-suite and double beds the norm (something we've been talking about for 20 years), and removals that means more than the ability to hire a transit for a couple of days - or even worse for an overseas move.

There is a message in the pieces above - silence = satisfaction. Well my message to all of you is to fill in the survey (I think there's an announcement on DII saying it's out on Thursday 8 Sep).

And those of you who are asked by air officers how things are, for God's sake say something - just be polite about it. If AOCs are coming back into their HQs following AFIs (or just routine visits) believing all is well in the world, then an element of blame must sit with those being visited (from the Station Commander to the lowliest airman).

I've said before that we are moving towards an RAF with very few bases and more stability (or less opportunity depending on your perspective). To the best of my knowledge, affordability of non-Service accommodation is not one of the factors under consideration in looking at the Future Footprint of the RAF. Well God help anyone looking for accommodation near HQ Air!