PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New aviation award
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 14:57
Jonzarno

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New aviation award

In light of the publicity attaching to the HCAP award discussed at such length in another thread and which seems to have lost some of it's lustre and exclusivity: I thought I might suggest the creation of a prestigious new award for Combined Achievements in Aviation and Fiction along the lines of the Golden Raspberry award bestowed on deserving recipients in the movie industry.

In keeping with the fruity motif: I though we could call it the Golden Prune, and clearly it would quickly become the most desirable award in the aviation World.

Initial candidates might include:

Ms Tracy Curtis-Taylor for services to solo flight using traditional navigation (and fiction) with special mention for Awful Alliteration for her Bird in a Biplane tag.

Mr Robert Weaver for services to ferry flying (and fiction) with special mention for his achievement in ferrying a Seneca onto a glacier.

Mr Kevin Crellin aka David Henderson for services to unmasking fraudsters (and fiction) with special mention for his acclaimed bravura performance at Oxford Crown Court, which has already been honoured with an invitation to reside at Her Majesty's pleasure.

I am sure that, once this highly desirable award becomes public, there will be many other candidates fighting for the honour of being the first recipient.

Who have I forgotten?