PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA Allegiant Air records show safety concerns
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 13:21
clunckdriver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bafanguy, If I can find my old licence I could give a rough date as its just after I checked out on the DC9 10/15, and 32 series, but that would entail finding the bloody thing! Its not hard to work out my employer was at the time, we were the only carrier operating DC9s in Canada and the double flame out took place at KORD. There were a couple of lighter moments in the affaire, we managed to make a turn of which had a very shallow bend from the runway, thus not finishing up in the weeds, we were told by tower that when the engines re-lit {the ignition being in override I seem to recall} they both re-lit with the reversers still deployed and Chicago tower didn't miss a beat and said our "burners are working just fine!" and it transpired that the airport manager was in the back on his way to Montreal for a meeting, {ICAO Maybe?} his presence simplified things when it came to the paperwork no end! The 32 series nine was a delightful aircraft to fly I recall and a great little machine to fly in very crappy ceilings and icy runways!{ how's that for thread drift?}