PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The End of Freighters
View Single Post
Old 3rd Sep 2016, 07:54
The Visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The End of Freighters

"We expect the positive momentum to continue as we move into September, helped by some major project shipments starting to move out of China this week. Our Cargo team is arranging additional capacity from another major airfreight carrier this month, which will mainly be deployed to the Americas and India and will give us the ability to capture more of the growth in traffic".

I decided to make it it's own thread as to the importance of it.

I think this may be big!!! Two years ago, apparently, the airline decided to approach Atlas and ask if they would take ALL the freighters but they said they could not so, we kept them. Now this. I think this may be a sign of things to come and I might hazard a guess Atlas is where the freighters may be going. How do they fix the crewing problem, sell the freighters. It's a big shot across the bow. So much for reaching an agreement with us, more threats. Keep in mind this includes those places that agreements HAVE been signed. How do they also get out of those pesky freighter only bases they have been trying so hard to do for some time? Didn't someone raise this years ago with Air Hong Kong and Air China Cargo???

Now do keep in mind that Atlas is having big labor problems as well and their pilots have voted to strike. Our union should be reaching out to theirs.

Has anyone been reading all the diatribe from management lately? The recent GMF's NTC, the interview with AT in the "World" magazine. More threats and intimidation but wait, a new GC, OH BOY, yeah, lets' talk but we are going to make you fight for everything now. You better sign it this time or else. Rent a movie called "Outsourced".

My first instinct was it's a bluff but I am rethinking that now. If Atlas get all the freighters, sign a deal with their pilots, it could be big big lose for us! Keep in mind these are jobs and lots of them and more importantly, commands!

They really do double talk these people and one minute they say let's be friends and as soon as your turn your back!

Let's not let this out of the cross hairs as it could be a major issue.