PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 22:29
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
Those of you with a long memory will know Barry Tempest as an aerobatic pilot and ex CAA man.
He was a member of the Rothmans Aerobatic team and spent nearly fourteen years working for the CAA.
To quote his Linked-in
Head of General Aviation - Operations at the UK CAA. I was with SRG for nearly 14 years from 1984 to 98

He has around 15000 hours in his log book.

He posted this on Tracey Curtis Taylor's facebook page today.

Barry Tempest;
Your claimed exploits have put the cause of Women in Aviation back 40 years. If you accept the HCAP award in the autumn you should be ashamed.
https://www.facebook.com/birdinabiplane/

Many thanks Barry for backing my campaign.

The various key members of the LAA,HCAP and AirLeague will no doubt be aware of your comments and concerns.

When someone of Barry Tempests stature voices their opinion so strongly on the eve of the LAA Rally, maybe it is time to take a second look at these so called awards dished out to a low houred but well connected 'pilot' who clearly has never been solo on any of her well publicised 'adventures'.

At the very least his comments are worth discussion over the coming weekend?

As for her 'commercial' qualifications.

She briefly held a basic grade 3 commercial pilots licence at Ardmore, Auckland, New Zealand in the 1990's. This lapsed nearly two decades ago. So,her claims of being a "30 year aviatrix" are pure buls@it.

It appears from my information that following a brief spell as a ground instructor she left Ardmore to work as a salesperson punting aerial photographs.

She appears to have not claimed any other occupation in the UK since she arrived from New Zealand around the year 2000. However she suddenly emerged as the Bird in the Biplane in 2013.

Her boss at Ardmore was Liz Needham who is the most successful female commercial and display pilot in NZ.

Footnote: All my posts carry links to substantiate and are not based on personal hearsay, other rumours or conjecture. If there are any errors I will be pleased to correct them.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 2nd Sep 2016 at 23:12.