PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 16:20
Cazza_fly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Dublin route is great from my point of view. And the fact the plane night stops in Dublin is likely to mean a hotel less in a typical Ireland visit. All good.
The aircraft doesn't night stop in Dublin. It has a 1hr 5min turnaround on a weekday which is unusually long but perhaps it has something to do with an aircraft change from another base or some kind of slot allocation...

Having said that arrived back from Paris on Sunday night, to queue for 30 minutes outside to get through Passport Control.

Not impressive. Had it been raining or winter I'd have been mardy.
I agree. The UK Border area of the international arrivals hall is not the best fit for purpose. Just imagine what it gets like when all the Wizzair flights come in close together in an evening...

The downstairs area for the rarely used gates 4/5/6 should have always been the entry point for the international arrivals hall. With the correct set up and queing system you would easily be able to accomodate two full A320/737 passenger loads in this area. The baggage reclaim belts are directly behind this area and already has staff restricted access. So with minimal work it could completely transform the arrival experience without the need for any extension etc.