PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Resignation Tips
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 08:34
bia botal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Laker
apologies in advance if this has already been covered. If you have already given your resignation notice and call sick for a 2 day trip do they deduct those two days from your basic salary? Or is it treated like any other sick call? Is a fatigue sick call treated any different? Thanks!
Having just gone through the whole process Laker I can't imagine why you would care, the day I went to get my final check, I just looked at the deduction which were a lot less than I expected and just went "what ever"!!!! Took it to the bank and headed to the bar!

The entire process is quite slick, I had no horror moments, the EOS people can see everything that is needed so you only need to ask them, if you have had a loan that requires a clearance they will tell you. I asked for a bank clearance for my credit cards and was told by the bank I didn't need it. Eti****lat and Du both told me that any unpaid accounts will stop the visa cancellation so it appears when it comes to owing money to state owned companies they are all linked!

Beware if you intend to send items home via skycargo, you are allowed 300kg, however this does not necessarily mean weight as they do a complicated HxWxL measurement and it's easy to go over on items like tv's. And you will pay the Habibi tax. AED 180 for there overtime.

Got to check in, my bag was over weight, told the check out lady I was ex-crew, she told me she was working her notice and handed me my FC ticket, the Habibis waved me through at visa control, the champers never tasted better. Good luck all!!

Last edited by bia botal; 2nd Sep 2016 at 08:51.