PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK MFTS RW - Airbus H135/H145 selected
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 08:10
TorqueOfTheDevil

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As you well know, ground taxying has to be taught (a new skill) and the techniques for things like sloping ground with wheels (using brakes, oleo compression, wheels slipping etc) all have to be taught on the front-line aircraft - all basic stuff that could be covered during basic training on wheeled aircraft.
Is ground taxying a major burden for an OCU to teach or a major hurdle for an OCU student to grasp? I doubt it. And please don't suggest that sloping ground techniques depend solely on whether an aircraft has skids or wheels.

the inside word is that the proposed common course has already been fragmented - I am well aware what has been done in the past.
Doesn't answer my question.

The trouble is Crab you spent most of the last 5 years carping (from the outside) about Bristow taking over SAR, yet on the whole the new SAR empire seems to be doing fairly well. And now you are carping about MFTS (without any depth of knowledge of either the current system or the new one)...I doubt that MFTS will be perfect, but can we not give them a chance rather than simply listing endless possible drawbacks before you even know how they plan to do business?