PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EASA MCC at Pan Am in Miami
View Single Post
Old 2nd Sep 2016, 06:38
Suh77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mcc course on FAA licence

Hi guys

I need some info. And any help will be appreciated.

I have an FAA CPL with IR and ME. Also have a class 1 FAA medical and 300 hours time. Fresh out of flight school and hold an Indian passport.

I have an opportunity with an airline in the middle east who has asked for a few requirements from me before they can start my process. From the requirements, there are two which I do not possess and I am looking to travel ASAP to the United States to get this done immediately.

1. ATP CTP - I have communicated with two schools, Aerosim, Orlando and PanAm Academy, Miami. Both are offering the course at the same price, which is $4995. Which school would you suggest being a better option?

2. MCC - The MCC is not an FAA course and more of an EASA / JAA course. Is it possible for me to still do the course with my FAA licence. The only place in the United States that I have found who offers this course is PanAm Academy, Miami. They are charging $5000 but also said that it is only a certificate of completion. What is the difference between a certificate of completion and what a pilot would get on an EASA licence. Isnt the course a certificate programe? Shouldnt the certificate of completion be enough? Also does anyone know if it is worth doing the course with PanAm. How is their facility and training? Should I go ahead with them for both courses since I can get it done in one school?

Please do help me out as I am looking to leave in the next two weeks....

Regards