PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HEMS in Europe
Thread: HEMS in Europe
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2016, 18:58
hemsresearcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEMS European Union Economic Area

Dear All,
I am trying to put together a masters project on current HEMS operations in the European Economic Area, which is similar to work done by others in the past (hope those projects went well), but updated for 2016 (and limited to certain factors only). Again, some countries have very accessible databases, but others have limited information. I plan to contact HEMS operators formally with a request for completing information I cannot find online, but some things are nearly impossible for me to find (and I am not fantastic at languages other than English, though I struggle on with German and French and have used Google translate for much). I am looking to find:
Number of HEMS bases per country and GPS co-ordinates
Airframes per base (active and back-up/spare)
Night-flying ability
Winch-capability
Staffing per airframe (doctor/ nurse/ paramedic/ HEMS crew member/ winch operators and single or dual pilot)
Source of funding for the service (government/ charity/ insurance/ private etc)
Controller (regional/ national or local dispatch centre).

I wonder if anyone can help direct me to any useful websites that might offer me information on these topics, particularly for countries I am struggling with: Poland, Italy, Spain. Also, I am able often to find a list of bases from a single operator, but wonder if I am missing bases run by other operators? If you come from a European economic area country which has less accessible data and you know where I can legitimately find what I need, I would love to hear from you. I do not expect you to do my project for me!

Any hints would be greatly appreciated and posts in past year have been extremely useful. Thank you. I look forward to hearing any ideas people might have.
Best wishes.