PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CNS RWY15 EOSID
Thread: CNS RWY15 EOSID
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2016, 11:02
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Unless you work for a very small operator, and from what is being said here I get the impression you work for Cathay, LIDO would just be the messenger. I.e. Your ops engineering department would have designed the procedure and sent it to lido for inclusion in the performance data package.

It should give you an engine out acceleration altitude which is different to the two engine acceleration altitude and varies from runway to runway.

As for the civility of the discussion a good hard look in the mirror might be in order as I found your initial response to my post ******* annoying to be blunt. And it got worse with comments like RTFQ!

As it turns out we were talking at cross purposes as you were looking at your EOSID and I (and most others) were looking at what is the common one described in a number of posts where you turn at the runway end, but we were not to know that.

As for what you have labelled abuse, re read the comments from Morno and myself. I said "I suspect" and Morno said "there is a good chance that" neither of us said you were, but suggested the possibility. If this is abuse then we have different interpretations of abuse.

And finally, if I didn't know better the EOSID you describe would be more fitting off 33, but I have not looked at cairns for some time so whether there is something to hit inside 11 DME to the north I can't remember. The only real way of finding out I suspect is to contact your ops engineering department - not flight ops - and ask them the question. Running a dummy departure off 33 and seeing what the EOSID text says might give a clue also. If it says turn left someone has cocked the two up!

Last edited by Snakecharma; 1st Sep 2016 at 11:13.