PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - KA A320 does unfavorable diversion
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2016, 10:24
3Greens

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rodney rule, I'm interested on what point you would actually fail him on? It's my understanding that this tech fault is not mandated as a land at nearest suitable alternate? So, if a crew went through a suitable decision making process and made a similar decision,which had a similar outcome; what is basis of your big fat fail? are you even a TRE or TRI? If so then surely you will remember the phrase "was the safe outcome of the flight ever in doubt", as your deal breaker if a pass is marginal. Without having all the facts myself, I can't for the life of me see how the safe outcome of this flight was ever in doubt.

Admittedly, I am a TRE for BA and not Cathay where the pass fail yardstick might be totally different. Personally I detect a strong degree of aggressiveness amongst more experienced Captains in this part of prune towards fellow colleagues with less experience than anywhere else.
If however the problem had been land at nearest suitable, then it changes the dynamic somewhat.
Overall, I would guess that your tone and content of your postings would be drastically different if you had to put your name to your posts instead of this anonymous cyber world, where we can all be the best pilot with the most knowledge.