PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2016, 22:30
southender

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not much happening on the airline front at SEN at the moment (apart from the regular Cityjet diversions) but to get our thread back near the top of the forum I'll report a couple of interesting GA visitors recently.

According to the Echo newspaper Chinese American flying enthusiast and entrepreneur Zhang Bo called at SEN at the weekend in his highly visually decorated Socata TBM700 in what the paper describes as the first global journey from China in a light aircraft.

Then today I popped into the airport as i was passing and sharing the GA apron with a couple of Metroliners and a King Air was the stunning STOL UC-1 Twin Bee amphibian N9512U in all it's yellow and green glory. In all my 60+ years of following aviation I have never before seen one of these and possibly SEN would have been the last place I would have expected to. On checking the FAA website it appears that N9512U is a de-registered aircraft which has been on the Swiss register for some years now and has been advertised on the internet for sale. Perhaps it was on it's way back to the USA. Where was my camera when I needed it although I did get a shot on my mobile. Really made my day!