PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Windows and logins!
View Single Post
Old 31st Aug 2016, 19:12
SoundBarrier

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm no Microsoft Fan at all - the google connectivity and seamless flow of information is good, and Microsoft is getting there, now more quickly than ever.

The Microsoft Account is going to become the equivalent of your single login to all your apps (store, etc.) as mentioned previously similar to the AppleID. Unfortunately - it will be a long time before there is a true single login to everything - hence the many tools which attempt to do this for us (but don't cover everything)

Now it's my turn to rant (my worst online rant ever) :-

1. When accounts get hacked changed or computers get viruses (or randsomware) I get phone calls and requests for help - it's often seen as MY fault (well, you look after our computers) yes - but I never set your password to "Welcome1" - I give you advice but you never follow it. OFF!!
2. "Aww it's so hard to remember passwords" - How the hell do you drive to work? Do you know the way or if you GPS is not working do you just stay at home? Use a passphrase - it's easier, but Nooo you don't ing listen. OFF!
3. Product names change - get over it. Car's model and names change - why is that not an issue???
4. Being IT literate is a REQUIREMENT these days - I don't care how old you are - get up with the play or don't use the technology - if you have to use it - be respectful of those who try to help you - or OFF!!

Often users rant at those who are trying to help - which is the wrong person to rant at - just like the passengers who have a delayed flight, swearing and cursing at the desk clerk who is trying to help in some way shape or form, but treated like dirt.

I've taken this a bit far. Sorry.