PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ascoteers Multiple Choice
View Single Post
Old 3rd Aug 2003, 04:31
SirPeterHardingsLovechild

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Albert & Dummy Run

I was at Thumrait for the drawdown and there was an unenforced, voluntary, self policing, 3 can rule! (How does that work then? – Answer: It didn’t) The entertainments committee suggested twofers but that was pooh poohed because of the 3 can rule. Then someone came up with the clever idea of having a big raffle with the same amount of prizes as tickets, but that was a bit hopeful and was also refused. As I left, the dreaded ‘back to central funds’ rumour was rife.

Mr FineChap

Fair cop, but promise me that no bar profits were spent on gymnasium equipment.

Charlie Luncher

Those Ascoteers were performing the ritual of an ‘Ascot Shuffle’, which starts at the hotel bar and ends up in the Lap Dancing club. I’ve served on the Kipper Fleet at HMP Kinloss, and now I’m on Hercs, and we’re not so different. Oh, hang on, there is one difference. Our crew has a balanced cross section of society with just the one failed cook/copper/PTI, whereas your crew has a much larger portion of doughnut eating immature cretins (only joking) By the way, the NLS rock band was called Sir Peter Harding’s Lovechildren!!

Right, I have a warm feeling, as if I’ve just got up to date on my e mails. Back to the Robbie Williams concert at Knebworth (on TV)