PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet 2016
Thread: easyJet 2016
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2016, 17:15
tintagel26

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mplpilot
I see there are a couple of people on here who have their Phase 2 (PILAPT + Numeracy) on the 23rd, what time is your assessment? I have mine at 12:30! Having already sat the assessment for CTC's 'Whitetail' program, I can reassure anybody waiting to sit the PILAPT and Numeracy that it's not overly difficult.
For the PILAPT, you have to pay attention to the instructions and, if necessary, read them a couple of times.
If you're really nervous about the day ahead, then I suggest you head over to LatestPilotJobs and pay $39.95USD to practice the tests (and the maths!!). It won't guarantee that you're going to pass, because CTC's standards change (for the easyJet MPL, expect them to be high so that they can cut numbers easily), however, it will prepare you for the day ahead and give you that all important edge. Even when prepared, you might screw your first attempt up due to nerves, but that's not necessarily bad... just as long as you show improvement after each attempt. Here's the order of the 2 hour session (from what I can remember):
1. Numeracy: 15 Qs in 15 mins. Hint: Smash out the first 12 Qs in about 8 mins so that you can spend more time on the final 3 harder Qs
2. Circle and Square: 5 different stages from 7 secs to 3 secs. Hint: Negative = Doesn't Have, Positive = Does Have... i.e. Negative Right Circle = Doesn't have a circle in their right hand.
3. Patterns: Look for the given shape in the two boxes, you have a choice of 0 (none), 1 (left) or 2 (right). Hint: Shape's orientation and size doesn't change. You get 1 min to decide, but you should aim to use no more than 30 secs.
4. Flying through boxes: Fly a plane through squares. Hint: the joysticks CTC use are not the best, so you need to be one step ahead of the simulation for the entirety of the exercise.
5. Attention test: 5x5 grid, colours along the top axis and shape down the side axis. When colour and shape match, then click the box. The axis change about every 10 seconds, so make sure you're paying attention. Hint: Make sure the colours match before checking if the shape matches.
6. Flight Director: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible... you get to calibrate the crosshairs before each attempt. Hint: Try to react as quickly as possible to the direction change of the crosshairs, that's what they're looking for.
6. Capacity Test (Only ONE attempt at each task)
6.1. Flight Director + Countdown: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. At the same time, a countdown will be spoken. When the sequence changes, click the trigger. Hint: Work out what the next number in the sequence should be and mutter it under your breath, if it's different, click the trigger... remember the change in sequence, i.e. 563 -> 560 -> 556 (it's now 4 instead of 3).
6.2. Flight Director + Shapes: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. At the same time, you'll be told a shape and it's colour. When it appears on the left side of the screen, you have to press a yellow button on a keyboard in front of you and then the number inside the shape. Hint: Repeat it in your head, and look for it out the corner of your eye.
6.3. Multitasking:
You'll be given a starting number and then the starting sequence number before the test begins. Hint: Mutter the expected number in the sequence under your breath.
Test Begins: Attempt to keep the crosshairs as central as possible. Hint: The faster your reaction time, the better.
You'll then be told a shape and it's colour. Hint: Keep saying it in your head and constantly look out of the corner of your left eye.
Note: This sounds a lot harder than it actually is, you've been prepared for this by having the practice runs before hand. Keep calm, collected and focussed and you can nail this. For my Whitetail assessment, I had the highest score of the day, 10 hits and 3 misses.

Good luck everybody!
Hi mplpilot

Was your ctc assessments (as mentioned above) the same as the EasyJet ones?

Kind regards,

Tintagel26