PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mr Skidmore resigned
View Single Post
Old 30th Aug 2016, 03:06
IFEZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm writing this as someone who has only ever worked in private enterprise, so I admit that I have no idea about the internal workings of a bureaucracy like the public service or CASA or any other Govt (or Semi Govt) dept.

Whilst I was less than impressed with Mr Skidmores stance on the CVD issue, I did feel that he was at least trying to effect some level of change in the organisation. It is extremely disappointing that he would not at least see out his initial term of appointment. Were things that bad behind the scenes that he just couldn't take it any more..? Was he forced out..? If so, by whom..?

How is it, that nobody including his predecessors, are being held accountable for the breathtaking clusterf*&@ that is the Regulatory Reform process..? The simply eye-watering waste of public money beggars belief, and it seems there is absolutely no end in sight. Why have there not been wholesale sackings/bloodletting in the organisation, of those responsible..? Who are these people, this 'iron ring' I keep reading about..?? Why can't a new DAS walk in there and cut a swathe through the place like it so clearly needs..? Are the employment contracts of these people so watertight that even if they waste hundreds of millions of taxpayer dollars and ruin the GA industry, they can continue to do so with no accountability..?

Sorry for all the questions and the rant but this whole situation makes me