PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cape Flying Services...south Africa
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 16:45
sanjo69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation CAPE FLYING SERVICES GEORGE SA AND UK BASED AGENT MR NAUNTON PUGH

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

As of 17th July 2003, Mr Naunton Pugh trading as, Cape Flying Services (Europe) the UK Cambridge based authorised Europe agent of Cape Flying Services based in George South Africa has been issued a Court Default Judgment in the Blackburn County Court UK (BB 301870 REFERS)

This successful claim for damages, included, the full costs of my course and travel expenses, resulting from my South African trip in April 2003, to attend a PPL course at CFS George. The course package was sold by Mr Pugh and was clearly provided not as advertised and was therefore misrepresented. The result of this action is that Mr Pugh is now personally responsible for this debt and until it is at least paid he may have great difficulty in obtaining future personal credit arrangements.

To my understanding Mr Pugh collects a so called “spotter commission” from the school when the student confirms the booking and then it appears he, as in my case, takes no further interest, irrespective what problems occur. The commission payment which is defined as a “non refundable deposit” in the course information is supplied by Mr Pugh. This practise is obviously wrong and unacceptable. Mr Pugh obviously has no method of verification what services are actually provided at the school or he merely condones whatever happens at the school by just collecting his commission and then rubs his hands of his responsibility.

Mr Pugh, indeed, as an experienced person within the aviation industry, should know better. Simply, he is the editor of the flight training magazine IFTNEWS.COM where he actively promotes aviation training worldwide, including this school. He is also known within the UK for various other aviation activities.

Arguably, moving on with my life will be easier once the full costs are received, however, further media coverage will continue to highlight this sort of unacceptable misrepresentation within the aviation industry and to help unsuspecting future aviation students from future parting with their hard earned money in the pursuit of their aviation dream.

Quite simply my advice to all prospective students:

DISCUSS, NEGOTIATE AND CONFIRM EVERY DETAIL WITH THE SCHOOL PRIOR TO SIGNING ANY CONTRACT.

DON’T PAY LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY UPFRONT, INSIST “PAY AS YOU FLY”

KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET FOR YOUR MONEY!

Regards and Best Wishes

Sandy Young

These comments are posted in the guest book of the Cape Flying Services website (www.flightschool.co.za) as I believe that it is in the public interest to take note and be aware of the situation. More than likely senior management of CFS will not want you to see them and may remove them when they become aware of the posting.

The posting of these comments or future reposting will be dated.