PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2016, 22:39
Boltyy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all, just a quick question to see if someone has had anything similar. I went through all testing, assessments and FSP and received a high recommmendation - got my pilot letter of offer few weeks after for start last June. AVMED then came back and made me class 4 for aircrew as I had had laser eye surgery and my refractive limits BEFORE the operation were slightly outside their limits (even though I was well within the limits for USAF and RAF). I appealed and was unsuccessful and I thought that was that until about 6 months ago I was contacted by an Air Commodore who was doing a report into recruitment problems and offered to chase up my case - good news is out of the blue yesterday I got a call saying I had been awarded a waiver.
I have to go in in the near future to sit my additional testing again, and the assessment day. Everyone I've talked to though is unsure whether I have to complete flight screening again or if the RAAF can allow me just to sit the OSB part? - has anyone had a LOO and been classed ineligible and then down the track had a waiver or successful appeal? My FSP was in October 2014 (2 years ago) and start date was meant to be June 2015.
Hopefully the fact that I had the job offer works in my favour in terms of having to sit all the same interviews and tests again - but it'd be great if my FSP results carried over and they only require me for the OSB.
Any help from someone in the know or similar situation would be great.