PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAAE about to bite dust?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 15:42
d_concord

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wingnut.

While on the face of it some what you say is true, I think you are giving credit where it's not due.

The management of this company is atrocious. You are giving them credit for the professionalism of the crews and engineers that have had to put up with quite a bit of angst and duress over unpaid bills while they have been at the coalface dealing with the suppliers. Let me assure you this company has been stressed financially for quite some time.

I know a lot of them, both engineers and pilots, they are great blokes and highly professional and I wouldn't expect anything else but a great "operational performance" but to attribute this so called "world class performance" (which it's not by any measure) to management begs belief.

Almost from day one the management of this organisation has been diverting the creditors money to only loose it. If you remember back to very early in the piece there were wages missed just after the current senior management took over. Of course that was a clerical error!!!

There was never enough seed capital or bank facilities for this organisation. It will be interesting to see the final report from the administrator is as to the so called management of this company but knowing what I do, I'd almost bet that they have been insolvent from the first week.

CASA had nothing whatsoever to do with the demise of this company. It's a case of damded if you do, damded if you don't in this case. They just can't win depending on your perspective.

I'm happy to debate CASA in terms of the rights or wrongs in industry general terms anytime you want, but I suspect, from what you have said in your last post, that we will agree on most things.

However it is not CASA's place to ensure or assist the financial success of a company. I'll say it again, they had nothing whatsoever to do with the demise of this company. The demise of this company is purely financial missmanagement. (and that's throwing the kindest light on it you can imagine).