PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2016, 20:27
Mike Flynn

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts
The tactic " sole pilot " of the Spirit of Artemis via media consultants is not going to work as they cannot deny there was another more experienced pilot on board with Tracey Curtis Taylor on all her flights.

Even if she did pole it all the way Ewald Gritsch built the aircraft and I am sure he helped with the navigation and aircraft managment. The chase plane was also along side for both expeditions.

There is no way she can prove her "sole pilot" claim.

This story cannot be buried as that approach tends to be counter productive.

As regular readers of this thread will recognise I refuse to let this charade be buried in the mists of time.

Artemis Investments and TCT might wish for the whole story to disappear.

The HCAP,The LAA and Prince Michael might be happy if these discussions just fade away.

However the logical approach is to just retract her awards based on facts known. Ewald Gritsch was in the aircraft from South Africa to Sydney, a fact she never admits in her "inspirational" speeches and media interviews.

No person is bigger than the organisation unless Tracey Curtis Taylor (plain Tracey Curtis before married and divorced NZ aero pilot Steve Taylor) manages to buck the trend.

Maybe the HCAP feel that they owe Prince Michael of Kent the right to give her a Masters Medal hence this letter?
(The address is her limited company in the public domain.https://www.endole.co.uk/company/077...?page=contacts)

If the HCAP want to avoid further embarrassment before reading more of her background in newspapers they need to decide how to resolve this issue.

My advice is dump her.

Last edited by Mike Flynn; 30th Aug 2016 at 06:05.