PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 29th Aug 2016, 01:31
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Copenhagen
In many countries, international -> domestic segments mean you have to clear immigration and collect your bags at customs.

Otherwise you would not clear customs and immigration in your arrival city. Most airlines announce the fact onboard before landing.

In Dublin, as only Kerry and Donegal are linked to Dublin it would not be feisable to have a specific route for those pax.
This of course contradicts the fact that connections and through checking of bags from international to KIR/CFN happen fairly regularly, both on codeshares with EI and on EI themselves (transatlantic usually but a travel agent can also ticket a connection to/from Europe).

As I do not run customs in DUB, I can't comment on whether this presents a security hole of sorts but it's not like you have to collect the bags for them to be scanned or searched. Most bags are not searched anyway. And Revenue officers can always turn up and search bags in Kerry or Donegal if they wanted to.

My complaint was purely that you can't stay airside even if you are connecting unless the transfer corridor is open. That's a lot of pointless time wasting if you arrive after they have shut.