PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Learjet forced to land by military interceptors
Old 15th Sep 2001, 10:24
StbdD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ignition Overide,

I suspect you know exactly what my point above was. I shall not repeat it.

As to current decisions designed to make the President and the Administration look good, that accusation is patently unfair. What exactly would YOU (retorical) have done? Air travel must be re-established and precautions must be taken. Are they the best precautions? I don't know but I bet they are the best that can be done on short notice in the current environment. Will more come? I'd bet my next paycheck.

I'll not defend the FAA's past, they've screwed me more than once. But to accuse them of anything short of the best intentions right now is BS. It is in fact, just a cheap and easy shot at an organization which is doing it's best in trying circumstances. Lest anyone be misled, the FAA's recent decisions were made in full consultation with the US Pilot and Flight Attendant unions along with management.

I find it interesting that some here on PPrune are lamenting that foreign carriers aren't being allowed into the US, or that access is being unfairly apportioned, while others (and sometimes the same) decry the suposedly foolish, ineffective, inept, politically motivated security decisions taken so far.

I'll say it again, lose thousands of your citizens in an unprecedented aviation-related terrorist act, come up with a perfect plan on no-notice, THEN come tell us how to do it.