PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 28th Aug 2016, 08:56
XV666

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Sam Rutherford
I think we can draw a comparison with the bigginsac post currently running.

Within hours of the first, critical, post, LBHA signed up and wrote their (other) side of the story (thus proving there is one). After MONTHS and many, many thousands of views - not one word here from TCT.

Still waiting on a reply from Heli to my question...
Sam, your post seemed to be rhetorical and included your response to your own question: it wasn't apparent that you were awaiting a response from me. Does she deserve the Master's Medal; in my opinion, no. But the decision of the HCAP is made by the Master on the advice of the T & A Committee who would be aware of issues that you and I may not be, and may have an ultimate citation to the award which will become public in November at the presentation.

But my post relating to the repetitive nature of the posts here stands: the same old photos, the same old comments lead to this thread becoming a hamsterwheel and loss of credibility, and even worse a lack of influence on events.

Stanwell, along with a few others you have chosen to attack the HCAP in a derogatory manner, without recognising the longstanding contributions made by the Honourable Company (and previously the GAPAN) to aviation and to aviators. Not all members agree with this medal award, but in the scheme of achievements over the years it is not something over which to die in a ditch. You're from Oz: have you ever approached HCAPA or seen their contributions to aviation in Australia? Would you call them deserving of your (deleted) comment about "back-slapping benevolence and vexillology"?

The HCAP is bigger than the individual, and not deserving of the spiteful and vitriolic comments made by many on this thread.