PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC/JOC
Thread: MCC/JOC
View Single Post
Old 27th Aug 2016, 22:34
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seriously? 13K? For few K more you have TR Plus BT. Better keep that valid every year then wasting money on MEP IR.

JOC is the modern Rip Off.

MCC is also not existing very long but has a good purpose.
JOC is biggest scam of these times.

To get into Holding Pool by CTC you also have to pay a sum like that, and MAYBE you get a job at Easy where another what? 50 K needs to be paid for TR in Easy?

If you want some money to burn then there are also opportunities to do it for like 2K or so. But 13K , Man man man. RIP OFFS.

I know at Air Baltic TR Plus BT (737NG)is around 18K. That is incl. 6 T&G's. I dont know the exact price at my former school Baltic Aviation Academy in Lithuania, but as far as I know, it is around the same price for it.

With a JOC you are maybe a bit ahead of the mass, but if you have TR then you are also way ahead because you have at least something more useful then this crazy JOC. And no need to renew or revalidate all the time your MEP rating, which is in most cases useless unless you can get a job as a Ferry Pilot or something like that on a MEP.

As mentioned, a JOC toilet paper you can also get for a lousy 2K. Of course clubs as Easyjet, Jet2, BA Cityflyer do not recognize that '' cheap'' version, because it is not done then by one of their friends JOC organisations, but he, there is more then the UK.

But if you have to spend 13K, add few more K's and you have a TR. Still not much of a use because you need hours on type, but more of a use then the utterly useless MEP.