PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL FTOs your experience/advice
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 04:41
Obs cop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mintflavour,

I'm currently training via the modular route with Atlantic so I can provide some feedback and info on their setup. I did visit others, but as I didn't fly with others I naturally only have a single viewpoint not a comparison.

In all that I have encountered with Atlantic, they have been approachable, helpful and more importantly honest and realistic.

If you speak to them, their pricing is up front and they tell you exactly what you get. The costs are given not including landing fees or vat. (Landing fees are about £5)

The main pluses are that they have a new training/operations building which is run in a professional and organised manner. The instructors I have so far dealt with are very knowledgable and more importantly keen to help individual students (assuming they want to help themselves!). Their aircraft are well maintained and they have a new piper seminole for twin work.

Normally they keep courses split which is actually a benefit for someone like myself. They do the CPL first in a single then the twin rating then the IR. The benefits in separating the learning to improve my chances of first time passes for me far outweighs the slightly higher price compared to combined courses.

But as I say, this is a personal opinion not a comparison. Your best bet would be to call Matthew Margesson their comercial director for a chat. Better still, give them a visit and see for yourself.

Hope this helps

Obs cop

PS I am not an ex cadet as suggested by petpilot's remarks, I am a current wannabe paying with my own hard earnt cash.