PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines - New/Relevant info
View Single Post
Old 26th Aug 2016, 03:24
ChinaBeached

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually Steve, I'm a very laid back guy. I admit I'm brash & direct - no apologies. But I am so when the instance calls for it. Otherwise when people are willing to have an ammicable discussion & welcome other opinions then it's all the more pleasant. But in this instance the guys opening was a personal attack as to why guys like me shouldn't be listened to. I demonstrated in direct (& brash) terms why he's a tool. (See, easy, isn't it?)

He played the player & not the ball. No apologies therefore playing the game at his set standard.

I mention inductive reasoning as to my assumptions. I still believe I'm quite right & therefore used that to again demonstrate his most likely / almost definite background.

My crew & I enjoy overnights, beers & my downtime is spent with my family, & watching rugby with mates. Easy going guy really. But just as you believe that experience / hours don't count toward a pilot's potential or aptitude, you also think that an anonymous rumour website is basis to decide my persona to fly with.

Classy? My deduction of his background is quite near the mark if not spot on I reckon. He attacks me personally without any form of evidence but that's "classy"? But me making assumptions based on evidence is a no-no.... Just keep it balanced, eh Steve?

Your choice....

I believe experience, credentials & qualifications count. I believe that hours built in real time jeopardy & accountability in a real aircraft in real conditions are a pilot's mettle, not watching others doing it, or sitting in a safe, airconditioned non life threatening simulator is anywhere near as close. I also believe that a person's actions speak louder than words. I believe if you're the type of rugby player who throws cheap shots in a game then expect them back. The actions of guys like FF11 were responded to & exposed in the manner & rules he set. But you call me the bad guy??

Last edited by ChinaBeached; 26th Aug 2016 at 19:06.