PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Tracey Curtis-Taylor (Merged threads)
View Single Post
Old 25th Aug 2016, 13:30
Reverserbucket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was in conversation with a someone who is involved with the awards and Scholarship committee at the BWPA the other day (I don't think TCT's up for anything). She had no idea that TCT (I hadn't realised that this is in fact how she apparently likes to be known) had some help during the flights mentioned nor in fact that the Spirit of Artemis is not owned by her (I believe this to be accurate?). The mention of those three letters bought a mist to her eyes and fond recollections of some dinner where romantic and exciting stories of daring adventures in far flung corners of the Empire were recounted. This is the second time in recent months that this woman has come up in a discussion where she is promoted as the saviour of women's interests in aviation by a highly placed person from a reputable and respected organisation that I've been speaking to, and I find it utterly incredible that she is able to apparently mask the not insignificant negative press she has received here and elsewhere. Are these folk really in the dark about all of this or are they just hiding their embarrassment? I understand that people who are in the habit of repeatedly inventing the truth invariably believe their version of events after time, but what really surprises me is that there genuinely seems to be a lack of interest by some to even acknowledge that some of the most pertinent 'facts' about these 'adventures' might be a little embellished?