PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is it all worth it?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Aug 2003, 00:47
madandy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face Is it all worth it?

Hi guys (and girls)
I'm in need of some genuine advice as i'm feeling rather despondant at this time.
I need to know if there is any light at the end of this long tunnel?
I'll cut this long story short (ish).
I'm 29 and am desperate to become a professional pilot. I'm seriously thinking about doing the expensive (albeit comprehensive) Oxford Aviation APP Ab-Initio course but obviously with such a big outlay i'm slightly concerned. I'm in the process of getting funding together for it (Mummy and Daddy definately aren't an option for me) but at the moment it looks like I'm going to have to rely on 100% bank loan; if I can get it!
I suppose the most important question would have to be: will i get a job at the end of it (Oxford tell me i will!!!). Will I then have to pay for a Type Rating at the end of it myself? It seems like I need copious amounts of money dripping from various different crevices

I keep reading (on other threads on this site) of how many out of work CPL/IR and fATPL pilots there are and I'm worried to say the least.

I don't want anyone to make the decision for me, I would just like some good, independant and genuine advice....I say genuine because I know I may be future competition for you but would ask you to put that aside.

The last question would have to be: Is it all worth it