PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VH-EQB Crash
Thread: VH-EQB Crash
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2016, 22:47
Walking Ballast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can assure everyone that EQB is very much safe and well, with not much more than jumping scars and still (well, last time I saw her), parked at Goulburn,NSW (Australia) where she belongs.

The Ch7 sloppy (soap - Home and Away) shot the boarding, taxing and airport scenes and some of the bush walking scenes in and around Goulburn. I was involved on the distant periphery of the goings on though family connections. I am not sure what hull was used for the actual crash site footage.

I do agree, when I read or hear about any aircraft accident I get a chill, I have lost a few colleagues and good friends over the years (*Pls note - I am only a humble low time PPL and mid time RAAUS, my career choice is emergency services, I have had the unpleasant duty to attend an accident many years ago where 2 of the deceased where good friends - I know all about tragedy, in 23 yrs on the job I have attended more than my fair share of motor vehicle and aircraft accidents). There is a time and a place for notification of and speculation about tragic events, I have seen some here on Prune that should never have been posted let alone continued with, I have seen others that were shared on JB and the grief was honest, heartfelt and moved ppl across the world. Everything has a time and a place. I have no issue with this thread or the direction it is heading.

I would have thought that most ppl (Aus based anyway) would have either seen the reference to Yabbie Creek and the rego EQB and/or maybe spent 2 minutes doing some research (or asked questions via the thread as some have done) and realised that the thread was all about the Home and Away sloppy.

It is a thread in jest, and given that current state of the world, the going’s on and daily news events, I for one, am happy to have a laugh, dive in and enjoy some humour, and not have to think about the cr@p happening in real life for 2 minutes.

Can I also add, YGLB is having a good run for commercial TV productions. Several of the Budget Direct (Captain Riskyad’s) where all shot on YGLB and Goulburn was used as the base for the Lexus ‘Pursuitof Perfection’ wing suit car ad’s. And if you have never met Jeb Corliss – he is one hell of a nice bloke!

Live, laugh and stay safe..........