PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA and Ansett Convair 440's. Question.
View Single Post
Old 24th Aug 2016, 07:26
Wunwing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No criticism to HARS but of late HARS has tended towards a lot of military hardware and history. This is a result of developing a very good relationship with the Dept. of Defence and all credit to them for that working relationship.As a result the currently operate 2 xC47,Neptune, Catalina and 2x Caribou.They also have a lot of military aircraft on static display.

Civil wise they have operational at the moment as I understand it, the Connie, DC3 and the Drover, so a Convair in any airline colours is a nice balance to the Civil side of our aviation history. I suspect that the DC4 is still a long way off flying although I would be delighted to be proved wrong on that.

By any standard their operational fleet is pretty impressive.

I suspect that an L188 would be a bridge too far for any museum operator. Jet engines are not for the faint hearted or thin wallets. Also all the L188 survivors seem to have found their way to Canada as either bush freighters or fire bombers.

Come to think of it maybe we may see an L188 or 2 here for the fire season in the future?

Wunwing