PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotax 912 engine thefts and "plane spotters"
Old 23rd Aug 2016, 11:38
piperboy84

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've got my airfield all camera'd up the ying yang, but a friend in security says if they want it, they are gonna get it and the cops usually can't do much about it. He gave me 2 suggestion in addition to the cameras: 1. Get the cops to come out and spray all the equipment including the tractor and mowers with that invisible paint that is unique and registered to me.2. Install a bunch of motion detectors that are linked back to a large speaker for an audible alarm however he said don't bother with the usual alarm sound or announcing "police called" as they are used to that kind of thing and it doesn't really bother them, instead anyone triggering an alarm gets a high decibel blast of Karl Orff's Carmina Burana. His theory is the kind of fu@&wits that are doing the thieving are given something completely alien to them and it creeps them out far more than standard alarm would. I suspect his theory will be put to the test soon based upon the recent influx of knackers that have set us camp locally.