PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH - 2
Thread: EDINBURGH - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 21:42
GoEDI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I take it you haven't bothered to look at figures elsewhere before you started trying to throw shade on the EDI figures as per usual?

Here's a few rough regional comparisons for May (traditionally one of, if not the, quietest months for UK-Mid East routes btw):

EDI EY 54%
EDI QR 53%
NCL EK 54%
MAN EY 62%
MAN QR 51%
MAN EK 72%
BHX QR 59%
BHX EK 49%

(feel free to point out any inaccuracies as some of the config variations make it awkward)

Can't comment on GLA EK as unfortunately, despite the fact the figures are 2 months late, GLA has somehow still failed to report. Last May it recorded a 66% LF though. I'd imagine this year it will have fallen a couple points but still be in that ballpark.
Direct comparisons are pointless as each market/capacity is different. But if you view the load factors in isolation then it looks to me like EDI is following the general trend and is certainly not "dire" compared to the rest of the UK as you tried to claim. MAN EK being the notable exception.

That being said, the fact QR was down 1% is disappointing as it's a route that should still be looking for consistent growth even with the competition IMO.