PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 11:25
chuboy

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9
So you didn't leave enough time or check on the rules about connecting at DUB?
I left plenty of time tyvm, Aer Lingus was late on the incoming so I missed the connection. To be fair even if I had not had to clear immigration and security (again) I probably would not have made the flight because it was REALLY late.

EI did refund me the money and reimbursed me a ticket on the bus as the connection was protected. But the whole point was to avoid the coach in the first place as the Mrs doesn't much like the twisty roads once you cross back into the South...

Do I have cause for complaint? Well I got my money back although I was many hours late arriving, so maybe it's just a first world problem.

Nevertheless, what kind of aspiring "hub airport" has connection rules that you're expected to know, expects passengers to effectively leave the terminal area only to join the queues for security all over again? This doesn't happen at any of the other airports that DUB intends to compete with for connecting pax. You're already airside, there should be no need for staff in the first place. Just a corridor that leads back into the departures area