PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EINN emergency ongoing
View Single Post
Old 22nd Aug 2016, 08:45
A4

Ut Sementem Feeceris

Received 162 Likes on 33 Posts
Regarding the ANA. I imagine there was a significant "BANG" associated with the failure. On Airbus - both reversers are selected. Analyse using all available resources - even open the DV window and look. If damage suspected or obvious, discharge one agent.

This will have dealt with the immediate threat (outside). The next threat comes from inside - you have 200 people sitting there grabbing the arm rests thinking WTF? In these days of social media, filled with videos from inside aircraft of burning wings and of evacs as people gather their belongings - it won't take much for someone to pull an over-wing exit in panic. Your next priority - once the engine is secure - is to reassure the cabin and then get a report from the Cabin Manager as to the "mood" in the cabin.

I never understand the desire to vacate the runway so quickly. The runway is now closed as it will require inspection before any further ops are allowed. Additionally, just because you've discharged an agent doesn't mean to say that you haven't got a hydraulic or fuel leak as a result of collateral damage.

Get it inspected, talk to the fire crews and only when totally happy it's ok to move, taxi with them following in case the situation deteriorates.

Just my tuppence worth.

A4